Trattoria Porretta has been proudly serving the Portage Park neighborhood of Chicago for over 50 years! We are located at the corner of Waveland and Central Ave, about a block north of Addison St. and just minutes from the 90/94 expressway. Order online or stop by for the best pizza, pasta, seafood, and service in the area! We are also more than happy to accommodate your next birthday party, rehearsal dinner, christening, or any other event in our dining room or catered to your home. Just give us a call!
Reviews Food Here:
- Recently attended a banquet lunch there and was very disappointed with the service. We walked in and was told to sit anywhere and they will fix the table. We literally had to ask for silverware, cups of water and given just an empty glass. I felt embarrassed to walk up to the other tables and ask them for some of their beverages. The wait staff kept walking past me and never offered me anything. I felt like a bother. The food was good. Unfortunately the service ruined it for me and I would never host an event there.
- Delicious, fresh food and wonderful service. Has me coming back over and over again. Seafood is cooked to perfection and the thin crust pizza is crispy and mouth watering. I just regret not discovering Trattoria Porretta years ago. This restaurant is a gem hidden in plain sight. Highly recommend.
- Came in last night with no reservation knowing we’d have to wait a bit. So we sat at the bar and had a drink. 10 minutes later we were shown to our table. Fantastic service and superb food always keep my family coming back. Even if it includes a short wait at the bar to enjoy an excellent beverage.
- Had dinner for the first time here for my daughter’s 17th birthday today and the food and service was excellent. We didn’t have a reservation and they were able to accommodate us last minute. Our waitress & other staff were very attentive providing us with great service, they even sang happy birthday and gave her a dessert. I definitely will be back with my family.
- We had a party of 12 for our neighborhood women’s group on Sunday night. We asked for separate checks for each and they complied. Great service. 2 bus boys and our waitress and all very attentive. Food was superb. I had the large ravioli with vodka sauce. I highly recommend this place. A long standing hidden gem on the northwest side!
- We had our rehearsal dinner here in 2007 and have never been disappointed with their impeccable service and food. Hands down they have the best tiramisu. Our 6 year old loves their pizza and pesto pasta which says a lot, he’s very picky. He enjoyed the Oreo ice cream dessert. One of our favorite restaurants.